Welcome Class of 2021 Parents!
First Things First!
- We'd like to get to know you. Please take a moment to fill in your Family Information Form. Accurate and up-to-date contact information, especially email addresses, are extremely important as the univeristy communicates frequently via email.
- The 2017-2018 Academic Calendar will help you plan your student's travel for scheduled breaks - and yours for visiting.
Summer Send-Off Schedule
- The Parents Programs and Giving office will be rolling out the "blue" carpet to welcome our new families this summer. We look forward to meeting you and your Blue Jay at a local Summer Send Off. A list of cities and dates will be available beginning May 15.
Move-In and Orientation 2017
- Move-in dates, determined by your student's dorm assignment, are Friday, August 25 and Saturday, August 26, 2017.
- Parents will be invited to stay and partake in Parent Orientation through Sunday, August 27.
- Student Orientation 2017 will take place Saturday, August 26 through Wednesday, August 30. Parents will be provided Orientation planning and logistics updates from the University weekly, all summer long from the Orientation office - stay tuned!
Family Weekend 2017
- Family Weekend 2017 is all set for Friday, October 6 through Sunday, October 8. Registration will open in early fall.
- Our Hotels resource page will assist with planning your lodging for the weekend - remember, always inquire if the hotel has a "Hopkins rate."
- Our suggestion: plan your travels to arrive by noon on Friday as Parents College is always a huge hit! These crash courses instructed by stellar Hopkins faculty are a fantastic opportunity for parents to experience a vibrant Homewood classroom and then compare notes with your student!
Ways to be Involved -- Parents Programs
- Join the Hopkins Parents Council.
- Become a Hopkins Parent Ambassador by volunteering your time to one or more of our many outreach programs, or hosting an event in your local area.
- Coordinate your place of business with the JHU Career Center to provide valuable internship opportunities for students through the Parents Internship Network (PIN), summer and full-time employment, or offer your expertise in a specific providing career advice.
- Participate with your fellow parents in supporting the Student Life Experience on the Homewood campus with your gift to the Hopkins Parents Fund.
- The JHU Parents Guide is a handy reference guide which is updated and published annually for all current parents highlighting Homewood schools, campus-wide departments, contact information, and a year-long calendar. The 2017-18 Guide will be published this summer and distributed during Orientation to all parents.
- JHU News Website, The Hub, highlights announcements and noteworthy, timely news stories.
|Carol M. Lorton, Director||Margie Carney, Associate Director||Kristina Snyder, Coordinator|