Welcome Class of 2019 Parents!
We hope you find this page a helpful resource for current information and direction as you assist your student with the transition to college life.
First Things First!
- Please take a moment to fill in your Family Information Form. To keep your family informed, we need accurate and up-to-date contact information, especially email addresses as we use electronic communication frequently.
- Here is the 2015-2016 Academic Calendar to help you plan your student's travel for scheduled breaks.
Family Weekend 2015
- Family Weekend will be held Friday, October 23 - Sunday, October 25, 2015. Plan to arrive on Friday for the start of activities/programs, including the favorite Parents College at 1:00 p.m. You can review the 2014 schedule for planning purposes now; details for 2015 will be confirmed soon.
- Our Hotels resource page will assist you with your planning for this activity packed weekend with your JHU student.
- Plan your travels to arrive on Friday by noon because Parents College is always a huge hit! These crash courses instructed by stellar Hopkins faculty are a fantastic opportunity for parents to experience a taste of what students are exposed to daily here at Homewood.
Ways to be Involved -- Parents Programs
- Become a Hopkins Parent Ambassador by volunteering your time to one or more of our many outreach programs, or hosting an event in your local area.
- Join the Hopkins Parents Council.
- Coordinate your place of business with the JHU Career Center to provide valuable internship opportunities for students through the Parent Internship Network (PIN), summer and full-time employment, or offer your expertise in a specific providing career advice.
- Participate with your fellow parents in supporting the Student Life Experience on the Homewood campus with your gift to the Hopkins Parents Fund.
- On July 1, 2015, Class of 2019 parents will be invited by email to join the closed Hopkins Parents Facebook group as a cohort. It will be great place to get your questions answered and keep in touch with a 2,200+ parent member commmunity.
- Facebook Frequently Asked Questions--the following documents have been prepared by current parent volunteer, Allison Nussbaum, P'16 and Parents Programs to provide insights into parent facebook conversations regarding all things Hopkins. NOTE: the FAQs reflect the 2013-14 academic year.
Dormitories and Preparing to Move-In | Room Mate Assignments and Arrangements | Moving In | Transportation | Hotels | Shopping Nearby Homewood | Security | Medical Care and Emergencies
- The JHU Parent Guide -- this handy reference guide is updated and published annually for all current parents highlighting Homewood schools, campus-wide departments, contact information, and a year-long calendar. The 2015-16 Guide will be published this summer and distributed during Orientation to all parents.
- Parents Advising Handbook -- A helpful guide for all parents to navigate the incredible range of resources available for their Hopkins students. The Handbook will be updated by early Fall.
- JHU News Website, The Hub, highlights announcements and noteworthy, timely news stories.
|Carol M. Lorton, Director||Margie Carney, Associate Director|