Parents and families are a vital part of the Blue Jay community. This website is your portal to a plentitude of volunteer opportunities and resources, and also a convenient link to the university calendar, event listings and campus news.
We look forward to supporting you in your effort to guide your student to do great things — in college and the years beyond.
*For New Parents*
- Welcome Class of 2018 early decision families! Please visit our New Parent Page to learn more about first year activities, information and answers to frequently asked questions. Be sure to check back often as the New Parent Page will be updated as information becomes available.
News & Events
- **Important Announcement** Registration for Intersession 2014 will begin ANEW on Monday, December 9 at 7:00 a.m. All students will need to register at this time due to an ISIS computer error that corrupted the registration process voiding all previous registrations and waitlists.
- Mark your calendars and Save-the-Date! Family Weekend 2014 dates are Friday, October 24 - Sunday, October 26. Be sure to arrive by noon on Friday to enjoy the full programmatic schedule.
- Parent volunteers from California and New York lead two initatives to support the university.
- Participate in the Hopkins Parents Fund and support the Homewood Student Experience - make your gift today.
- Plan ahead: Fall 2013-Spring 2014 Housing and Dining calendar is available.
- Posting Dean's List achievements and other student awards in hometown newspapers procedures have changed. Please contact Gayle Hunter in the JHU Office of Communications directly at email@example.com for assistance.
Resources and Notes:
- Are you on Facebook? We are! All parents can Join the Hopkins Parents Facebook (closed) group today! Note: 2018 parents can join in July 2014.
- The Johns Hopkins Club invites all parents to check out membership opportunities.
- Parents Advising Handbook A helpful guide for all parents to navigate the incredible range of resources available for their Hopkins students.
- All new parents. Please complete your Family Information Form so that we may stay in touch.
- All parents, do we have your most recent email? Please provide or update your email address as the majority of parent communication is via email.
- Know how to speak Blue Jay? A fun reference list of a few Johns Hopkins-specific terms to help translate your student's Hopkins slang.
*NEW* FOR PROSPECTIVE PARENTS
- A page designed to assist parents of prospective students.