Parents and families are a vital part of the Blue Jay community. This website is your portal to a plentitude of volunteer opportunities and resources, and also a convenient link to the university calendar, event listings and campus news.
We look forward to supporting you in your effort to guide your student to do great things — in college and the years beyond.
***NEW FOR INCOMING PARENTS***
- Welcome Class of 2017 families! Please visit our New Parent Page to learn more about first year activities, information and answers to frequently asked questions. Be sure to check back often as the New Parent Page will be updated as information becomes available.
News & Events
- Congratulations to the Class of 2013! The University-wide Commencement ceremony will be celebrated on Thursday, May 23, 2013. Read about all things Commencement!
- Be part of the success in raising $1M by June 30 for the Undergraduate Student Experience; make your investment today by participating in the Hopkins Parents Fund!
- Announcing Family Weekend 2013! Mark your calendars now and plan to attend.
- For planning purposes the Fall 2013-Spring 2014 Housing and Dining calendar is now available.
- Posting Dean's List achievements and other student awards in hometown newspapers procedures have changed. If you would like to do so, please contact Gayle Hunter in the JHU Office of Communications directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsored by the Hopkins Parents Fund, the 42nd annual Spring Fair was held April 12-14. View photos and read all about A Fair to Remember.
Resources and Notes:
- Are you on Facebook? We are! Current parents Join today! We look forward to inviting Class of 2017 parents in July 2013--you'll receive notification via email!
- The Johns Hopkins Club invites all parents to check out membership opportunities.
- Parents Advising Handbook 2012-13 A helpful guide for all parents to navigate the incredible range of resources available for their Hopkins students.
- All new parents. Please complete your Family Information Form so that we may stay in touch.
- All parents, do we have your most recent email? Please provide or update your email address as the majority of parent communication is via email.
- Know how to speak Blue Jay? A fun reference list of a few Johns Hopkins-specific terms to help translate your student's Hopkins slang.
***NEW*** FOR PROSPECTIVE PARENTS
- A page designed to assist parents of prospective students.