Parents and families are a vital part of the Blue Jay community. This website is your portal to a plentitude of volunteer opportunities and resources, and also a convenient link to the university calendar, event listings and campus news.
Welcome Class of 2020 families! Please visit our New Parent Page to learn more about first year activities, information and answers to frequently asked questions. Check back often as the New Parent Page will be updated throughout the summer.
News & Events:
- *NEW* Hopkins Parents Fund announces a 1:1 Match Challenge to help meet our $1.2M goal - doubling the impact of your gift to support the Homewood Undergraduate Student Experience. Your gift made by June 30 will be matched!
- Family Weekend 2016 has been set for October 7-9, 2016. Mark your calendars and plan to attend!
- PIN (Parents Internship Network) generates paid internship opportunities for undergraduates from parents. Hundreds of Hopkins students are experiencing great internships this summer...thanks to parents. Start planning now to create summer 2017 internships.
- Parents actively support the Rising to the Challenge campaign in many ways. Explore how several families have impacted the university.
Resources & Notes:
- Are you on Facebook? We are! All current parents are invited to join the Hopkins Parents Facebook (closed) group.
- The Johns Hopkins Club invites all parents to check out membership opportunities.
- All new parents. Please complete your Family Information Form so that we may stay in touch.
- All parents, do we have your most recent email? Please provide or update your email address as the majority of parent communication is via email.
- Know how to speak Blue Jay? A fun reference list of a few Johns Hopkins-specific terms to help translate your student's Hopkins slang.
- To post Dean's List achievements and other student awards in hometown newspapers please contact Gayle Hunter in the JHU Office of Communications at email@example.com .
*NEW* FOR PROSPECTIVE PARENTS
- A page designed to assist parents of prospective students.