Parents and families are a vital part of the Blue Jay community. This website is your portal to a plentitude of volunteer opportunities and resources, and also a convenient link to the university calendar, event listings and campus news.
We look forward to supporting you in your effort to guide your student to do great things — in college and the years beyond.
*For New Parents*
- Welcome Class of 2018 families! Please visit our New Parent Page to learn more about first year activities, information and answers to frequently asked questions. Be sure to check back often as the New Parent Page will be updated as information becomes available. Congratulations!!
News & Events
- Nearing the Hopkins Parents Fund $1.1M goal - but not without your participation by June 30. Support the Homewood Student Experience - make your gift today.
- PIN:100, is a parent led effort to create 100+ summer internship opportunities for Hopkins students.
- Plan to attend Family Weekend 2014 starting on Friday morning, October 24 - Sunday, October 26. Be sure to arrive by noon on Friday to enjoy the full programmatic schedule including Parents College.
- Parent volunteers from California and New York lead two initatives to support the university.
- To post Dean's List achievements and other student awards in hometown newspapers please contact Gayle Hunter in the JHU Office of Communications at email@example.com .
Resources and Notes:
- Are you on Facebook? We are! All current parents are invited to join the Hopkins Parents Facebook (closed) group. Note: Class of 2018 parents will be invited to join in July 2014.
- The Johns Hopkins Club invites all parents to check out membership opportunities.
- Parents Advising Handbook A helpful guide for all parents to navigate the incredible range of resources available for their Hopkins students.
- All new parents. Please complete your Family Information Form so that we may stay in touch.
- All parents, do we have your most recent email? Please provide or update your email address as the majority of parent communication is via email.
- Know how to speak Blue Jay? A fun reference list of a few Johns Hopkins-specific terms to help translate your student's Hopkins slang.
*NEW* FOR PROSPECTIVE PARENTS
- A page designed to assist parents of prospective students.